Long popular on the NewsBlur web app, the Grid view has now come to the Android app. Have a look for yourself…
There’s even a wide and narrow grid view for ultimate customization. And the grid view is saved per-folder/feed, so you can change some folders to use the grid view while leaving others in a list view. And gestures work on individual grid tiles, so you can swipe to mark stories as read/unread while in the Grid view.
Here’s a full list of the changes:
- The grid view comes to Android. Each feed/folder has its own List view setting
- Can scroll all the way past the last story (for marking-read while scrolling through story list)
- Fix for Twitter videos
- Fix crash for viewing muted feeds
- Long press links and images without tags
- Better login screen for very small devices
- Improved efficiency on thumbnails
- Story list position retained on rotate
- Android 8 compatibility fixes
- Color-blindness-friendly intelligence training
And for those of you using the Amazon App Store, the NewsBlur Android app has been updated there as well.