I’m proud to announce the launch of version 7.0 of the NewsBlur iOS app, complete with iPhone X support. There’s a lot that’s new and improved in this release.
Also new to the release is that addition of in-app payments for a NewsBlur premium subscription. This was a long time coming. This upgrades the iOS app to match the experience on the web. And because in-app subscriptions are now live, the iOS app will now match the free account restrictions you’ll find on the web. As a reminder, NewsBlur is a paid service with free accounts that act as indefinite trials.
Here’s a complete list of what’s new:
- Built for iOS 11 and iPhone X
- In app purchases allow you to upgrade to a premium subscription from inside the app
- Drag-and-drop on iPad to share stories and images from NewsBlur
- New view: Infrequent Site Stories shows stories from feeds that update less than once a day (premium only)
- Theme manager in every view for quick color changes
- Adding San Francisco font choice
- Adding feed list and story list font size controls so you can change size directly from each view
- Adding in-app Safari with Reader mode option
- Scroll position is now saved, so when you return to a story you maintain your place
- New mark as read button on iPad when in landscape or with story titles on bottom
- Fixing image sizing on all iPhones and iPads
- Updated many layouts for better future compatibility
- Fixing unread count badge for users without notifications turned on
- Fixing duplicate title/URL in Messages sharing (thanks Nicholas R!)
- Fixing compatibility with Firefox (thanks Joe G!)
I hope you enjoy the updated iOS app. I have plans to build new features on top of the app next year, when some huge features will make their debut.